Thursday, April 23, 2009

LETTER FROM SENATOR MIKE CRAPO

April 17, 2009

Maria Weber
30680 Shelton Rd.
Parma, Idaho 83660

Dear Maria:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding the location of Idaho Power's proposed 500 kilovolt transmission line. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

My office has had numerous similar comments over the past several weeks. We have regularly been sharing your concerns and mine with Idaho Power and have recently been told that they do intend to relocate this transmission line well away from Parma in an entirely different location.

I share your concerns with the proposed construction of this transmission line, but as you probably know, state and local entities, such as county planning and zoning boards and the Idaho Public Utilities Commission (PUC), ultimately hold the authority to approve projects. As such, I urge you to remain vigilant and in contact with these authorities to ensure your complaints are heard until final approvals are issued.

If you have remaining questions or concerns about the process, you may wish to call or email comments and concerns to Idaho Power Company. It is my hope that this situation may be resolved favorably for all parties involved. In the meantime, please rest assured that I will continue to work to ensure Idaho's views are represented at the national level.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me in the future on this or other matters of interest to you. For more information about the issues before the U.S. Senate as well as news releases, photos, and other items of interest, please visit my Senate website, http://crapo.senate.gov.

Sincerely,
Mike Crapo

United States Senator

No comments:

Post a Comment